In-Person Campus Tours
Join us for a brief student led campus tour after school to get a look at our facility and a chance to have your questions answered. Tour groups will follow all COVID19 protocols. Pre-Registration is required for tours. Tour dates are posted on this registration form. In-Person Campus Tour Registration
Virtual Spring Open House
Tuesday May 11 at 6:30 pm
Join us on a Zoom call to learn what so many families have already discovered; the difference of the Bishop Stang High School experience. This is the perfect event for any student (and their families) who are considering Bishop Stang. Select members of our community will be available to talk about the opportunities awaiting you and help answer your questions.
Pre-register to get the Zoom link: OPEN HOUSE REGISTRATION
Our virtual Spring Open House program will include:
- A Virtual Campus Tour
- Faculty Presentations
- Athletic and Co-Curricular Activity Representatives
- Information on the College Gateway Program, The Pathways Approach; Learning Difference Program, Financial Assistance, Transportation and the Bishop Stang response to the COVID-19 school closings.
Placement Exam (Virtual and In-Person testing options)
Currently testing virtually, by appointment only. Please contact Mrs. Dias to schedule, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, December 5 from 8:00 am - 11:30 am. (If testing in person, please arrive before 7:45 am)
Saturday, December 12 from 8:00 am - 11:30 am. (If testing in person, please arrive before 7:45 am)
Exam Fee: $20.00
Bishop Stang will offer the Scholastic Testing High School Placement Test (HSPT) in-person on our campus, as long as safety allows, and also virtually this year, where students will be able to log in from home to take the exam online. Students should only take this exam once. Results of the exam will be forwarded to families in February.
Bishop Stang uses the results of the placement exam to assist in course level placement only. There is no pass/fail grade required for admission. Students interested in attending Bishop Stang High School are encouraged to take the exam through us as this ensures that the results are sent directly back to Bishop Stang. However, we will accept results of the HSPT taken at other schools as well as the SSAT. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that scores from exams not taken at Bishop Stang are submitted by deadline dates. Students who take the HSPT through Bishop Stang High School are considered for the Father Mullaney Merit Scholarship, which awards $1000 toward freshman year tuition for the Top Ten testers.
- Pre-registration is REQUIRED. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated in 2020: Placement Exam Pre-Registration
- Registration for the Saturday, December 5 exam will close on Wednesday, December 2
- Registration for the Saturday, December 12 exam will close on Wednesday, December 9
Click here for some testing tips and topics usually covered on the HSPT: HSPT Test Taking Tips
- Exam fee: $20.00.
- Calculators or similar devices are not allowed during the exam.
- Students testing in-person, will be provided with pencils. They may bring a cell phone but it must be powered off for the duration of the exam.
- Special note for Diocese of Fall River Catholic School students. All 8th graders at a DFRCS will take the Scholastic HSPT Placement Exam at their respective schools on Friday, December 4, 2020. Catholic schools in the Greater New Bedford area will have their exam results processed through Bishop Stang HS and do not need to pre-register or pay the exam fee. DFRCS applicants from other area schools, may forward their results to Bishop Stang High School to be considered for the Father Mullaney Merit Scholarship. Students take the HSPT only once. If a student does take the exam a second time, only the lower of the two exam scores will qualify for the merit scholarship.
- Requests for the HSPT results to be forwarded to another school, must be indicated on the pre-registration form or emailed to Mrs. Payette at email@example.com. Please include the school name, the contact information of the person to receive the results, as well as a fax number or email address. Results generally arrive back to Bishop Stang in early January and will be forwarded to the requested schools as soon as possible upon their receipt.
- Any student who will require testing accommodations, such as extended time, must indicate this on the pre-registration form and submit documentation supporting the accommodation to Mrs. Dias 48 hours prior to the exam Nicole Dias 508 996-5602 x421or firstname.lastname@example.org. For 2020, students requiring an extended time accommodation, must choose the virtual format (for either test date) or the December 5, 2020 date only for in-person testing.
- November 8, 2020 - Virtual Open House at 1:00 pm. Pre-register to get the link: Open House Registration Form Register by 10:00 am Sunday to receive the meeting code for this event.
- November 12, 2020 - Virtual Open House at 6:30 pm. Pre-register to get the link: Open House Registration Form Register by 12:00 pm Thursday to receive the meeting code for this event.
- December 4, 2020 - Freshman online application submission date suggested. This will allow schools and recommenders ample time to have all supporting paperwork submitted by January 8.
- December 5 or 12, 2020 - Placement Exam at 8:00 am, Virtual and In-person testing options available. Pre-registration required, walk-ins cannot be accomodated this year. Placement Exam Registration Form. Registration will close 72 hours in advance of either exam.
- January 8, 2021 - Completed Freshman Application Kits & Financial Aid Application are due to our Admissions Office to be considered for the first round of acceptances.
- January 25, 2021 - First Round Acceptance Letters for freshman applicants will be mailed out.
- February 14, 2021 - $500 non-refundable deposit is due to hold a place in next year's freshman class ($350 of the deposit is applied toward tuition upon matriculation).
- March 1, 2021 - Completed Financial Assistance Applications due to FACTS.
- March 16, 2021 - Incoming Freshman Course Registration Night currently planned for 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. All deposited students and their parents are invited to meet with Administrators, Department Chairpersons and Guidance Counselors, in order to review course choices, course level placements recommendations, HSPT placement exam results, FACTS Tuition Management Program, transportation options, uniforms and other topics pertinent to enrolling at Bishop Stang High School.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.