Our admission application is live for transfer applicants to the 2020-2021 Academic Year as well as all applicants to the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Bishop Stang High School admits students from all academic levels. To determine a motivated learner we look to the student’s academic transcript (grades C- or above) and Principal and Teacher recommendations. Results from the placement exam are used for the purpose of placement into our four academic levels. Pastor/personal recommendations are used to determine the applicant’s depth of character and level of citizenship. The student’s application essays help us to get to know the student better, by learning where their interests lie and what they may have to offer our school community.
To apply for admission, an application, consisting of the following pieces must be submitted. To be included in the first round of decision letters mailed at the end of January, all application pieces must be received by January 8, 2021. We suggest submitting the online application by December 4, 2020 to ensure sufficient time for the other pieces to arrive. After the first round of letters we will continue to review applications as completed.
Please click the links below to access the application and other necessary forms:
- Admission Application Submit this piece through our application portal by December 4, 2020 (to be included in the first round of decision letters). The recommendations will be emailed to the recommenders you chose upon submission of the application. Use the PDF versions below only if the recommender cannot access the electronic copy that will be emailed through the application portal.
- Principal/School Counselor Recommendation We understand that school records may prove difficult to obtain if your child's school is remote. Please contact us directly to learn about alternative options if this is the case. Due by January 8, 2021 to be included in the first round of decision letters.
- Pastor Recommendation As a Catholic School, we always prefer to have a recommendation from your Pastor. If this is not possible, choose another recommender to provide a character reference. Due by January 8, 2021 to be included in the first round of decision letters.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Recommendation Due by January 8, 2021 to be included in the first round of decision letters.
- Mathematics Teacher Recommendation Due by January 8, 2021 to be included in the first round of decision letters.
- Secondary School Placement Exam Results (required for grade 9 applicants only).
- 2020 Update: Placement Exam Information
- HSPT or SSAT results, are acceptable for this requirement.
- Interview (required of grade 10-12 applicants only)
- Interview will be scheduled by the Admissions Office upon the receipt of a completed grade 10-12 application.
The Pathways Approach:
For students with learning differences, Bishop Stang offers a program that is an integrated approach designed to provide the supports necessary for their unique learning needs. The Pathways Approach
- If the applicant has a documented learning difference, please also submit the following:
- Educational/Diagnostic Testing Results (within the last 3 years)
- IEP/504 Plan or a listing of Educational Accommodations.
Pathways Approach Program Tuition
Members of the Pathways Approach Program for students with learning differences will pay an additional $2000 in tuition for 2020-2021. Beginning in 2021-2022, members will pay an additional $4000 in tuition per year.
International students are considered for acceptance into Bishop Stang on a limited basis. Students who will live with a parent or guardian in the U.S. while attending, may apply through the application process listed above. Families must first contact Mrs. Payette, before beginning the process. Students who will not live with a parent or guardian in the U.S. while attending, must apply through an international student placement service companies. Go to our international student page for more information .
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.